Wednesday 15 April 2015

Thoughtless


Sometimes I just don't want to think
I don't want to dwell, I don't want to ponder
I just don't want my mind to wander
Is it too much to ask, to be let free
from the bars around my brain that won't let me be
I want to be at a place away from myself
where I can put all of my thoughts away on a shelf
I need to escape this mind that loves to over-analyze
and find a place far from the lies
I long to break out from this hell of a head
that won't let me forget the things I left unsaid
all of the words that never left my lips
stay waiting on me, taunting, haunting
Words I never dared let slip
and I never will
even if my mind grew still
For those are words that feed my ego
words that I'll never share, only store
they encourage the never-ending train of thought
the one I hate getting onto, but running beside it, I'm often caught.
Throw me off, push me to the ground
the noise in my head is getting to be a deafening sound
The hate, the regret, the blame that I condemn me with
I hide them all behind the jokes, the charm and the wit
Sometimes that hiding place gets stuffy and there's nothing I want more
Than to walk out that door.

Sometimes I just don't want to think
I don't want to dwell, I don't want to ponder
I just don't want my mind to wander

I want to be blank, to see only one color from the many
I want to be thoughtless, no worry, no fear, not any.

1 comment: