Friday 13 March 2015

Danger Zone


Theres a huge red sign before me that says
"Stop"
Somewhere between those letters I read "Danger Zone"
There is a heart behind there, one that I know. One that I've come to adore.
I'm being drawn towards it. All control of my feet lost.
My two best friends "Past Rejection" and "Heartache Police" are holding me back. Clawing at my skin to keep me back from walking straight ahead.
I'm struggling to resist their hold on me...
And I don't even understand why. Why I'm being pulled forward.
I know though why I'm being pulled back.
There are voices, voices from all around, telling me in loud sounds
This will only bring me down.
I'm doomed they say,if I go that way.
The heart I long for peeks out from around the sign,
Theres a longing in those eyes, yet a hesitation.
The longing stronger.
They insist it's wronger.
Tears flow and I'm not sure from whose eyes. even if their mine.
"don't" is what I hear,
from a voice that used to be kind.
And immediately their hold on me breaks
The heart's hold on me breaks too.
I fall.
The chains that would do anything to tear me in half one second ago, just suddenly snapped and I was let go, free.
My two best friends stare at me
crumbled to the ground.
I close my eyes,
that heart was the best I had found.

No comments:

Post a Comment