Saturday 24 October 2015

Trapped Behind A Kiss


I can't tell you what I feel,
I can't tell you what I pray for when I kneel,
I can't describe to you what I dream of at night,
and I surely can't tell you about this internal fight.
I can't talk about my fears,
and I can't explain how you bring me sad and happy tears,
and I also can't tell you why I constantly want you near.
I can't describe the goosebumps on my skin,
neither can I talk about the shivers within.
My tongue won't dare speak of your smile,
it hasn't been able to say the right words for a while.
I can't talk of your strength and how it holds me,
and I can't talk of the love I see
in your eyes. I can't say
how I need you each day,
when I've never needed anything this way.
I can't tell you how every breath,
exists to mingle with your own,
and how when we're not talking,
I feel the worst of alone.
I can't put in words
what my heart won't let me admit,
I can't say out loud,
how I love you to bits.
But if you let me kiss you,
I assure you one thing
you'll hear every word I've been unable to say,
and every song I dared not to sing,
you'll feel every emotion I've kept away,
and every thought that never saw the light of day.
If you let me kiss you,
you'll know then the chaos within me,
and how only you have the power to quieten the ruckus.
You have the power to release me with a kiss
I won't hold you to it, I won't expect you to stay
but kiss me just once and know what I dared not to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment