Sunday 18 October 2015

4 am Call


I want to be your safe landing,
your north star.
I want to be wherever the hell you are.
When you're feeling blue,
I want to be all of its shades,
and with you.
I want to be the star you search for,
when the light in your life dies down.
I want to be that stupid joke,
that maybe even for a moment can banish a frown.
I want to be that hug you can run to,
whenever you need and whenever you don't.
Deny you love? I can't, I won't.
I want to be those 'past midnight, too early morning' calls,
when you feel trapped behind your self-erected walls.
I want to be the story you tell yourself at night,
when sleep is a dream, and for rest you fight.
When you're making up plots and calling the shots,
I want to be the character you adore lots.
I want to be your go-to girl,
when nightmares become synonymous with the world,
and when running away
seems like an escape too far away,
and the safest feeling
is when under your blanket you curl.
I want to be the sun and it's warmth,
when the ice of everyone's love begins to burn.
I won't teach you trust,
but with you I want to learn.
I want to be a step behind,
so that I can watch you shine,
and cheer you on as the years go on.
I will stand proud,
screaming your name in the crowd.
And I will catch you when you take that dive,
when you decide you want to fall.
I will be there waiting,
just like always.
Arms wide open, standing tall.
I was and forever will be
your 4 am call.

No comments:

Post a Comment