Wednesday 7 October 2015

Take Me Along


It hurts
a little more every time
and I can't say a word
for you aren't doing a crime.
but it hurts enough to bring me here
to type out another rhyme

I wish you knew what it does to me
to know you'll pack and leave
you'll have me packing my own heart away
the very same that I wore on my sleeve

I worry for my tomorrow love
if i'll make it without you, and how?
if I can overcome the truth you are
by disguising our love now.

I'll be damned if I let you slip through my fingers
without a fight
we may have been friends in the eyes of many
but you were my lover by night

I can't make you stay
I can't tell you you shouldn't go away
you are a bird taking flight
You'll fly high, I pray.

The pain will come in storms
shaking my world everyday
it's something I'll have to deal with
become one with it, if I may

You waltzed in, shook the earth beneath me
and now my solid ground you'll take
you've been my only constant
my favorite earthquake

Leave if you have to,
if it's the life you want to make
but take my love along, dear
At least for my heart's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment