Thursday 13 February 2014

Our Balancing Act


There are two sides to you And there are two sides to me too. The difference between you and me, I'm talking about my twin, you see. Its always been about completion and perfection. We've never tolerated work half done. She'll do something for the learning experience I'll do it for the fun. She'll initiate something, I'll be the one to end it well. She'll knock at a door while I ring a doorbell. She'll look left before crossing, I look right. She'll be the eyes behind my head, a second sight. She's my mirror when a strong wind ruins my hairdo, and in turn I'm her mirror too. My skills are nothing without her ideas, Her wisdom enhances my knowledge. She'll read my mind before I have spoken I'll know who to strangle when her heart's broken. I wake her at dawn, I'm the early bird of the morn She spends hours into the night, the pen, her might. She holds the chords while I strum together a tune She'll count the stars while I stare at the moon. She's calm and composed when I lose my cool She's bold enough to never be fooled. While I drink coffee, she can't go a day without tea I panic under pressure and she works calmly. I like the winter but she prefers the summer I'm the singer and she, the hummer I cut her long stories short, she completes my sentences, I'm bad at grammar, she's the queen of tenses. She writes the good stuff, I write of the dark She'll cup the fire, after I've lit the spark. She hates attention while I crave the same She walks like a boy, and I like a dame. She'll break out into song when we walk down the road, how she knows it's the one I want to hear, only heaven will know. She'll stand to my left to show off her hair I'll stand to her right, my face's dimple to bare She'll take down notes while I sit and stare When I'm not feeling too hungry, she'll be happy to have my share I'm the teapot and she, the spout I'm happy with just clapping, but she'll insist we shout. I'll use a paint brush, she'll dip her hands in the colour She's my brightness when the day's only getting duller. We're two faces of a coin And we'll always have each others backs when something tries to push us down, We'll perform Our Balancing Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment