Monday 3 October 2016

Convinced


I'm convinced I fell in love,
I'm convinced I fell harder out of it too.
The entire time, I should have known,
He had motives behind the smile worn.
I'm convinced there was a time,
His love felt like a crime of passion,
oozing with raw feeling and void of caution.
I was convinced I was spiraling
out of control, into a dark abyss,
cutting between my heart and soul.
I was convinced he was novel,
threading a line between making me feel so much,
and then nothing at all
so much so, I was oblivious to the fall.
I was convinced he wanted to be the one,
just as much as I was, that he would run.
I was convinced he wanted to ruin me, spoil me,
treat me nice and then foil me.
I was convinced there was more to the words he used coyly.
He wanted to show me that love was unpredictable,
I agreed it was and then did the unthinkable.
I cut lose from his manipulating ways disguised as a noose,
I broke ties from something I needed to lose,
He wanted to convince me I always deserved more.
Well, he got what he wanted,
I'm convinced he had to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment