Friday 5 February 2016

Us


What hits me when most unexpected is how we've changed,
how we've turned familiar from an uncanny strange
how we've drifted closer like the waves touch the shore
and how even then, we've been seeking more
How it's never enough and how that's just right
how I look at your eyes in the stars at night
what throws me into a train of thought
is wondering how much we've fought
and how immediately, it is each other we've sought
what grabs me and keeps me in place
is your naughty mind behind an angel face
and the ground beneath my feet gives way
when I'm ready to leave but you whisper "stay"
what pales in comparison to the loves I've seen
is that yours is ruled by a damaged heart with a lot of sheen
what surprises me each time is your need to be extraordinary
and you succeed at it ten fold
in an attempt to be the best of yourself
you've become the warmest heart among the world's cold.
what never comes to mind when they think of you
is the battles you've fought to reach your stage
who would know unless they've peeked in like me
how a girl can turn warrior when caged
What blows me away is the love- hate we share
how we pretend we don't, when all we do is care
We never show it, but we already know it
Through the storms and through the nights, we'll be there.
What hits me when most unexpected is how we've changed,
how we've turned familiar from an uncanny strange

1 comment: