Saturday 23 January 2016

With You


With you, its always been complicated
With you, I've never known
How much my heart invested
How much joy and pain was worn
With you, I've always hung on
Knowing it'll change and needing it to not
With you, I've spent many an hour
Wandering the line between cold and hot
With you it has always been love
Never hate or deceit
Yet when you were away
Love felt like defeat.
With you, I've never questioned
Whether this could ever last
For with you, I know we're stronger now
Than we ever were in the past.
With you, I know I've had some doubts
Cried many a tear for our bond
But you always knew and always stayed
Somehow I wish I'd been warned.
I hate that we often grow apart
And I hate that you've captured my heart
Reunions sweet, come suddenly out of the blue
And I know nothing's changed between me and you.
With you, I know I've often thought
About what love is and what it is not
But in the end however apart
One smile, one word, and we're back to the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment