Monday 24 August 2015

May The Words Be With You


These simple words, they belong to you,
they were written with you in mind,
they were written about your mind,
they were meant to touch you,
they were meant to overwhelm you,
they are meant to help get to know you.
You are a wonder to be recorded.
You are to be known
And the world will see you through my eyes,
the world will read of your beauty,
and how it's beyond the limitless skies.
I am careful what I allow the world to know
I don't want your heart bared
for fear of cupid and his accurate arrow and bow.
I'm afraid if the world knew you entirely,
they would fall for you the way I do,
they would steal you away,
the way I want to each day.
They would love you wholly,
I'm sure. They'll know no other way.
You are admirable, adorable,
and I see through your facade.
Behind those walls, constructed strong and tall
I know a side of you that they cannot see
And these words will keep it that way
hidden from hungry eyes, ours alone to be.
I will write about you and for you,
and for all you ever stand for.
I will write about your thoughts and those that are not,
and about your rants and your calloused hands,
I will write about your joys and every memory dipped in sorrow
I will write about your history and your hopeful tomorrows
You are a mystery, slowly to be unravelled.
I want to venture into your soul
with words, I wish to travel.
I want the world to know that I love you so,
May these words be with you
May they be yours forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment