Wednesday 3 August 2016

Poetry


Someday, I will write poetry for you
I will write about how the dots in the night skies
pale in comparison to the sparkle in your eyes
I will write about how you make heads turn
and hearts yearn, and souls burn for your love
I will write about how you were sent from above
I will write about how you smell of vanilla one moment
the next, bubble gum.
I will write about the tunes you hum.
I will write about your hair and the clothes you wear
and the blogs you share
and the causes you care
For you, not a blank page I will spare.
And you will learn what it is to be a muse
to inspire a writer to put her words to use
effortlessly, you will become the epitome of my universe
Seamlessly, you will become my poetry
Some day I will write you.
Someday, like today, poetry will become you.

No comments:

Post a Comment