Wednesday 10 August 2016

Misunderstood


Behind all that make up and good looks,
there is a child who loved reading books.
Behind all the late night drinks and getting home in the morning,
there is a soul, sober and un-falling.
Below the surface that everyone sees,
there is a young kind heart that loves and won't cease.
They look at you and their gaze ends there,
on the surface, 
they don't care
to look beyond the wall you so efficiently erected,
to ask why this defense mechanism you've selected.
They call you shallow,
say you're just like the others,
that for a depth in you, don't bother.
But I can't for the life of me ignore,
that to you there is much more.
I want to learn you by heart,
learn your heart, your core,
dance with your soul.
They say you don't have one anymore,
that you have lesser friends than foe.
But I will not let go,
until I know
you and all that makes you,
and all that's hidden behind you.
They tell me I'm gonna get this heart hurt again.
Friend,
risking our hearts is why we live.
For this misunderstood soul, a chance I wish to give.
Come not in my way, until I lose.
This is what I choose
You unsettle me, you amuse.
You're hiding so much,
you're listening to the blues.
I will color those sounds,
and those filthy rumors making the rounds,
and I will love you,
and your traits and your quirks,
your sass and your smirk.
And if I get hurt,
atleast I'll know I tried,
I will walk away,
but not with wounded pride.
For my only aim is to love,
and make sure you feel no lack thereof.
There are only two ways this could go,
we could crash and burn to ashes, never to be again,
or we could fall deep into a fiery love that never has to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment