Wednesday 24 August 2016

Favorite


There's a dawn in your eyes
That makes fools of even the wise.
There is chaos in your heart,
A cacophony I wish to be lost within.
Of every soul you've ever encountered,
of every soul you've ever wandered and got lost.
I want to hear about your journeys
through lives of people you've made weak at the knees.
I've never had favorites,
But suddenly the color of your eyes has changed it all.
I've never seen any quite like yours,
Vast oceans residing in eyes, beautiful and small.
Novels have never captured me the way your story has
Every pause and every para,
Every word has become mine.
I've never really been fine,
But your laughter tastes of red wine
and I could never find another remedy that could make me feel more at ease.
Please,
Stay a while longer.
This electricity between us,
Let it shock stronger.
Let them all know, you belong here,
Right here dear.
I've never had favorites,
I guess that's cause I was just waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment