Saturday 6 February 2016

I do. You don't.


Is it that you don't care or simply that you won't?
Is it that your burden is heavier than ever before bourne?
Is it that we've grown cold, less together, more alone?
Is it that your soul feels more weary, wrong, worn?
I can't help but measure the distance
You've put between your heart and mine.
I fear reaching in today,
Afraid of what I may find.
Could it be you've found another
To hold you when you fall.
But darling how can you forget,
I held you, your heart, your troubles and all.
Could it be you've found another,
Whose kiss weakens your knees
But never forget, dear love,
Our kisses moved the seas.
Could it be you feel broken, hurt and deceived,
But when no one listened, it was I alone who believed.
Could it be you no longer feel whole,
you want to, but you're pieces of a soul.
Let me remind you love,
It was a broken me that you stole.
Could it be you no longer see a spark,
When we talk, when we touch, when we lay in the dark,
You and I shared a burning desire,a flame that burned bright,
You ignited the fire between us that burned through the night.
I could question you and myself for hours on end
And still never know
Is it that you don't care or simply that you won't?

No comments:

Post a Comment