Sunday 20 April 2014

Only Human


I'm human and I fall
I break and I feel small
I lose my way, and I cry away
and sometimes I don't wanna wake up to another day

I build walls and hide behind them
I shy away from the new
I hate change,
and I'll sometimes hate you

I make mistakes, and then some more
I backbite and walk out the door
I'm flawed and damaged
and sometimes a bore.

I carry baggage, the heaviest you'll find
and it pulls me down, weighs on my mind
I get jealous, angry and I over act
all together I'm a hell cat.

But I am just as 'put together' as I am broken
and it'll surprise you, the path I've chosen.

I get up from the ground
when I fall, face down
I mend and repair,
even when its too difficult to bear.

I find my way, and wipe the tears away
and wait hopefully, for a nicer day.
The walls will break, when an effort I make
to reach out to you, who's peeking through.

I can learn to accept change,
I can learn to love you
But I'll never love a changed you.

I apologize when I'm wrong,
and when I want, I can be strong
and the 'bore' in me
can disappear with a song.

The baggage I carry is not always mine
I help carry baggage of the weaker kind
Your baggage and mine
can be balanced just fine.

My emotions get the better of me
but who said you can't too.
You and I have a lot in common
For you are only human too.






No comments:

Post a Comment