Sunday 20 April 2014

Unspoken


What do I do with these words now?
They don't fit in anywhere
They're hanging around somewhere in my head
the same words that were left unsaid.

A chance too many came my way
But i took for granted that there'll be another day
I would have spoken out had I known
That too soon, you'd be on your way

They lie there now, unused, wasted
feeling out of place, not where they belong
they have no where to be
now that you'll never come along.

Had those words been spoken when they had to
they'd reach their intended destination
And maybe, just maybe, you'd hear them
and acknowledge my declaration

It makes me wonder if they would have made a difference
If by some chance it would have made you stay
If those words were spoken at the right place and day
could i have stopped you from going away

Time waited for me to speak
and was beginning to get sick of me
He grew impatient by the week
until he was done waiting on me

My words never left my mouth
After that long journey from my heart
they stop there at the tip of my tongue
and then hid inside until you decided to part

A missed opportunity led to a heavy heart
I should have spoken up right from the start
This beating red weighs more than the world
Because it's holding on to those words unheard

I can't expect you to turn back around to me
However eager I am to speak
My chance is lost and time has passed me by
My words stay trapped, jailed for life.

If I have learned anything from loss
It is to appreciate my blessings.
The 'I love you's' that remained unspoken
Will now be the ones to heal the broken

And every time I'm given the chance
I will tell you, 'you're beautiful and blest'.
And those words which were just hanging in the air,
will then have a place to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment