Tuesday 8 April 2014

Fading Face


Slowly yet surely you're fading away,
Your face turning lighter and lighter,
However much I try to make you stay.

Those eyes that cried happiness when I shone bright
are closed in my memory of you,
the memory of when you walked into the light.

That stubby nose I inherited from you,
the one that betrayed you and stole you from me
is slowly dimming away eternally

Your short dark hair had begun to grey.
The memory of it, turning the same way,
silver and precious till your last day

The smile that I thought would never go,
is sneakily creeping out of my mind,
Fleeing away to some corner I'll never find.

These simple features seem to all want to leave.
It's for my own good, they believe.
But what they don't take with them,
 is the effect you had and the memories you gave.
Those, they say, are all for me.

The image of you may fade with time
But forgetting you, to me, is a crime.
I may not be able to hold on to your face any longer
But the memories of you only seem to grow stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment