Tuesday 8 April 2014

Frozen


It's cold on the inside and I shiver in fright.
The moon seems to tease me at this hour of night.

I can't seem to stop staring at the picture we once took
There was a time, when reliving that moment,
Made me warm with just one look.

Yet, here I sit, tears rolling down my face
You aren't here to wipe them away, their outline, to trace.

Tonight's going to be endless as I wait for dawn to come
I crave nothing more than to feel the heat of your touch,
or maybe the warmth of the rising sun.

I ache with a loneliness that's making my heart thaw away
I'm afraid I'm stuck in time, I see neither a tomorrow or a yesterday.

The clouds roll by, taking chances to touch the moon
And there I was, when you took your chance too

Time's passing, but my night is too still
Things seem to change too soon, but I never will

This winter night is eternal and lives within my soul,
obstructing me from waking up at all,
Immovable and icy cold

I once lived in a warmer place and my tomorrows were guaranteed
If time stood still then, it was cause you and I agreed.

I can't dream of a warmer tomorrow, I can only lay here and freeze
Cause when you laid eyes on another, I froze with the feel of the cool breeze

I'm frozen in love with you, unable to break the ice around me
Trapped in my own little igloo, bricks of ice structured carefully.

It's walls won't melt even in May. Walls built so high,
They'll freeze the sky
And never turn my night into day.

And I will stay that way...
Until someone can melt that frozen wall away.

No comments:

Post a Comment