Saturday 19 April 2014

Heat


He's hot, and I'm not just talking about his body and built
His nature is beaming with the glow of the sun
and his gaze on me, holds no hesitancy or guilt.

There's something warm about him
The feeling that he brings,
A warmth that flows from my head to toes
Every time we meet.

His touch sets a fire within me,
that spreads through my veins.
And in my blood I can feel his love,
the spark that makes me complete.

He ignites in me, a flame,
that awakens the good in me.
A flame that never goes out,
yet allows me to be free

Every little word he says to me,
his lips, warm against my ears and gentle on skin,
his words burn through my heart,
And they leave me breathless, short of oxygen.

He'll be my sun, my light and heat
And I'll rise with him every dawn
and when it's past twelve and the cold threatens to harm
he'll be my 'early morn'.

There will be times when the heat will get too much to bear
and times when this warmth we will not share.
At times like these, we'll take a step back to mend and repair
And before you know it, the heat will be back there.


No comments:

Post a Comment