Monday 21 March 2016

Fool


I have memorized your face
I know every little blemish and every clear space
your eyes talk to me more often than your tongue
your heart's calm, while mines high strung
I know it when you've day dreamed at night
I can see it in your smile
I know it when you've woken up from a fight,
or out of fright
and when you dread the thought of daylight
I can see all too clear
when the brown of your eyes
turn lighter in surprise
or when they lose their life,
as you battle the strife.
I could study them
and know every tell
I could be the only one
to know you this well.
but you, you will remain oblivious
or rather, you will choose to
And you will lose many a heart
if you continue on this path.
But I'll never hold it against you
as long as you follow your heart.
Nevertheless I wish you Love alone
because Love is the only blessing that'll
never let you wander in company that's your own
And there is nothing more I'd want for you
than to always be surrounded by company that's true
I may not be the one you choose
but I will not let you be the one I lose.
Who are we fooling
when we're both oblivious fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment