Monday 13 July 2015

Permanency


Now and then I like to recall
that faithful day I took the fall
when things were new and we were too,
that walk in the evening was as beautiful as you
I like to go back to that day time and again
and constantly relive that moment when
your fingers brushed against mine
and then so naturally intertwined
we talked about me and we talked about you
we talked about all of the things we like to do.
You stuttered and stammered while I acted like a fool
we were imperfectly perfect, the hottest of the cool.
we looked at the ground and smiled
we looked everywhere else but dared not into each other eyes
we were smitten, head over heels, and shy
and sooner than we knew it, time came for goodbye
nervous and anew, I waited with you
until your ride arrived to take you home
you got on your toes and almost kissed my nose
but your lips on my cheek felt like home
that evening may have been the only one
but so are you dear, my only,
my one and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment