Wednesday 15 July 2015

Stubborn and Scarred


I have scars on my hands from touching hearts
they walked into my life and stole my attention
they shook the ground beneath me and made me unstable
they took every rule I had made for myself and broke it like it was nothing
and in my mind I was a free bird, a soul thirsty for love
a soul being quenched with theirs.
With every wall broken I now had no place to hide
I was open and alive, and very much naive
I reached out to love,
and my safe place to leave
and with every little piece of me I gave
I left nothing for me, myself to save
I was burned
with every spark of love I ignited
I attracted but another sting
with every new heart I won
I put myself before the gun
Scarred and burned, I lay un-turned,
fighting for my breath, I'll never learn
I have scars on my hands from touching hearts
here I go again, heal, love, restart.


No comments:

Post a Comment