Friday 20 June 2014

An Escape From Myself


I run
I run when life's walls start closing in on me,
when the pressure in the air around me gets suffocating
I run to reach a place, where sweet life can fill my lungs
I run when Life tell's me, my troubles have just begun
I run when friends build egos, as huge as their fake smiles
I run when my worries go on for miles and miles
I run when emotions get invested enough to reach in and twist my heart
I run when my soul and my body are two worlds apart
I run when my mind can't make it's mind up
I run when life doesn't fill my cup, at least when it's not enough
I run when the weather conspires to ruin my day
I run, but I don't run far away
I run from the pain, the very same pain of which I am ashamed
I run, when aside from me, I have no one to blame
I run in my dreams, when they turn dark
I run in search of light, in hope of touching even a spark.
I run from the daggers being thrown at my name
I run, when I'm sick of the haters' immature game
I run to where my heart will only gain
I run in search of a world with no pain.
I run from stillness and anything that will destroy me
I run to avoid the things that annoy me
I run to seek only what will please
I run, fool, mislead and tease
I run when the sun's rays burn my skin
I run when the demons get stronger within
I run when things too familiar turn strange
I run for fear of my issues with Change.
yet I run when things don't move with time
you can say I'm a confused soul, but expression is no crime.
It is only natural to get tired of stagnation
cause when life decides to halt at a station called Depression
all you want is to flee from life, and find refuge in Repression
Put away in a box that's bigger than it's hiding place
all those things you aren't ready to face.
Be it Change, Death, Addictions or Hate
I run when I want to get away from my Fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment