Friday 27 June 2014

The Mighty One


I sail alone in the powerful blue
and allow myself to row towards you
and when the tides and wind don't let me win
I'm misled in a direction of sin
and when the storm comes, and the water gets wild
I pray that you protect this child
for every wave I push behind
it is you I'm trying to find
Every wave that hits my boat,
is nothing but an obstacle i need to cross
you've send them my way
cause you know I can stay
afloat and alive, through night and day
the waters are cold, and freeze me to the bone
but knowing you're waiting for me, makes me go on
knowing, when i see you, I won't be alone.
My entire life is a journey towards you,
and everything I do, is for your happiness
and when the sea gets too rough and I need to stay still
I'll let down my anchor, and obey your will
Your my anchor when the ocean threatens to kill
You'll walk the remaining waves towards me, you'll find me, I know you will
Cause from the day you put me here, my entire life has been a journey towards you
and it is only for you I gave my very best
It is only in you, I will find my rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment