Saturday 21 June 2014

Chi


There is a force
within you and around you
It resides in you and surrounds you
it is what grounds you
this little bomb of energy waits patiently to be awakened
a power so strong  yet so easily forsaken
this Chi inside you wants nothing more than consent
for that will be enough for it to branch out and vent
the secret is to look inside and find that inner strength
the one that holds you together through endless lengths
of loss and of grief, this force binds the pieces of you that threaten to break
it holds on so tight, and hugs from within, for your sake
this little chi I imagine to be a younger self,
who hasn't let age and passage of time bring lines upon her face
she's alive and high, and doesn't sit on a shelf
she's moving faster than any of us, keeping her own joyful pace
I wonder sometime's if she ever gets sad
but I guess my Chi was never made for bad
she constantly conspires to bring only the good
if she could protect me from the rest, I have a strong feeling she would
She's a force to be reckoned with
there's nothing that can crush her
she's opinionated and strong willed
Life's a life of only moving uphill
she is the only hope within me, that opens my eyes at dawn
cause she is the one who see's the hope at every new morn
when I have given up, and grown tired on the outside
My chi is what lifts my spirits, forcing me to go on.
we take for granted this little gift of good energy within us
and don't realize what she's worth
She's powerful and influential, and she give's you birth
for every time you die a little, she'll breathe life into your soul
she'll whisper to you, things that remain untold
and that breath of life is what makes you bold
bold enough to leave temporary death behind
and courageous enough to not let it take over your mind
she'll embrace you from within, making you feel secure
and she'll forever be your friend, of that you can be sure
my chi is my driving force when life slows me down
she's the bliss in me, when only boredom is found
With a force so strong with you, you can never go wrong
she'll dance and play within you, turning life's hardest moments into a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment