Thursday 5 May 2016

Implode


My biggest fear is that we'll implode.
That someday when we're not looking and when the rest of the world is, we'll softly, silently, break inwards, fall to pieces within our souls and implode.
And maybe we'll realize it, maybe we won't, or maybe it'll take time, but when we do realize it, the pain will come in waves and creep onto the shore of our hearts taking with it my favorite memories of you and washing up onto the shore all of the reasons why you had to go.
Maybe no one will hear it when our hearts sink and maybe we'll implode so very discreetly, that it takes us time to accept it at first,at second,
Never. 
Maybe I'll fight it. Maybe you'll fight me, but whatever it may be, we'll only be fighting destiny. Because maybe it was written, maybe we weren't meant to be, maybe the fates were playing around with me.
When we implode... No. If we implode, I imagine I'll meditate on all the things we didn't know we were letting go and all the words we could have said before we went to bed, and all the times you laid your head against my shoulder, and all the stories we made up of what we'll be when we're older.
I'll meditate on your eyes, on your smile, on the way you threw your head back and laughed like a child, and then I'll have to remind myself we imploded.
Because by god, I could get lost in your world when I think I about you, and I could forget that we aren't us, I'm distracted and foolish and maybe I'll never be able to get over you, and that love, is what I fear most.
My biggest fear is that we'll implode.

No comments:

Post a Comment