Saturday 8 November 2014

The 'You' In Me


"I know what you're going through, I know what I see"
"No you don't, You don't know the real me!"
"Oh but I do, I've seen the real you can be"
"why do you have to be like this, why do you keep coming back?"
"because  you never let me leave at all, you catch me even before I pack"
"This isn't a joke, I'm as serious as a heart attack"
"Who's kidding here, the sweat beads on my forehead mimic that of surgeon, I think- cardiac"
"I'm damaged, I hurt, and I bring you nothing but pain"
"I'm here to love you, and not for selfish gains"
"You'll regret it, you'll ache with the baggage I carry"
"You'll be the best decision I ever made."
"and what happens when you tire of me or I of you"
"what happens if you never give me a chance to"
"you're stubborn"
"only for you"
"No one's ever held on this long"
"no one's ever tried, for you, to be strong"
"I'm going to deteriorate eventually, slowly lose myself"
"I'll be with you every step of that torturous way"
"and when i die, what will you have left to say"
"I'll see you soon beautiful, in heaven one day"
"I wish I could promise you, a forever with you to stay"
"All I'm asking for is a promise of tomorrows after today"
"I will hurt you, I can't promise I won't"
"I'm willing to take every punch in the gut, and break of a bone"
"You're too strong for me to hurt physically, silly"
"You're too in love to hurt me beyond repair, emotionally"
"How do you know I will agree?"
"Because, there's a little of 'me' in you, and 'you' in me"

No comments:

Post a Comment