Sunday 24 January 2016

You Mean More


You have much to say,
you've promised me you do.
But there's something holding you back,
something strong and not you.
The words sit at the tip of your tongue,
waiting, impatient, but stubborn
lyrics written, but unsung,
eyes longing, but not focused.
You dance around us like we're toxic,
walls between us, thick,
Like you're afraid we'll perish,
like the memories we cherish
will fizzle away,
faster than they stay.
You think too much.
and flinch at my touch.
But you look for me in your sleep,
reaching for me in the depths of your dreams,
when the world surrounds you,
and makes you feel alone.
You walk the line between openly loving and not,
you cling to me soon after we've fought,
your heart gets cold more often than not.
Words brim at your heart needing a page,
but they feel trapped, judged, caged.
But you know me
and I know you
and what more do you need,
to speak words that stay true.
I will hold your hand while the other writes
about nights, the moon, and bright city lights
whatever you wish to say,
I will sit by you in awe.
for you are more
and it's you I adore.
You have much to say,
you've promised me you do.
But there's something holding you back
something strong and not you.
And I will wait, until you know
that words mean less,
but you dear, You mean more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment