Thursday 8 September 2016

Unsung Cheerleaders


I see you, I see you standing there
beside the battle field,
as much fear in your eyes as there is in my heart
But you've been cheering me on from the very start.
I draw my faith from you,
You keep pushing me ahead.
That fire in your eyes,
Is the fire that led
me to be more than who I am.
And I showed them,
I won.
They lifted me off the ground,
crowds cheered my name
For I had won the game.
You exist,
And many exist because of you.
Because you make it your duty,
To close your eyes and pray
For your friends and the needy,
And the storms they face each day.
You dear,
are humble, and wishing only for good
you are often misjudged, misunderstood,
inadequately acknowledged, never heard about
but of the power of your prayers I have no doubt.
You should be the star,
The winner of it all.
It is you who held me up when I fell my hardest fall,
You don't want it, you don't want the attention,
But I wish anyway, to make this mention.
For if we don't thank you now,
We may never end up doing it at all.
And you deserve every bit of praise,
for your words and deeds, big or small.
Readers, I ask that you let these cheerleaders know
that their work behind the scenes, helps us run the show.
You, dear cheerleader, are my unsung hero.
I thank you for always pushing me on,
And keeping me strong,
And correcting me when I go wrong
for making me feel belonged
Thank you, dear friend
for cheering me all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment