Friday 3 January 2014

Dad.


There used to be a place I'd run to when I was down
and in that place, I knew I'd face no evil or harm.
That place was my comfort zone when troubles seemed to surround
It was in the loving embrace of daddy's strong arms.

There used to be a voice, so gruff and commanding
That changed when i was sick or hurt into sweet, loving and understanding
That voice, though suddenly one day,changed after a stroke
It was the voice from your heart, that to me, always spoke.

There used to be a handy-man
who knew the tricks and tools of the trade
he'd always know how to fix a broken shelf
Or chooses the right paint shade.

There used to be someone
to scare away the boys.
when they fooled around, or misbehaved
and treated his girls like toys.

There used to be a decision maker
The one who took the first step
He would do what his heart told him
and never, a grudge, he kept.

The ink on his skin told the story of him
An eagle with wings to lift us up, a tiger to be our guard.
A fighter he was, and always remained
and that fact is what strengthens my heart.

Life is not the same without him near.
Think for yourself, what it'd be like, to loose one so dear.
To my daddy, who always knew just how much to love,
I pray and hope you are watching proudly over me from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment